Coronation Cauliflower or Chicken
Coronation Chicken is the inspiration behind Wasted Kitchen's Bombay Potato Salad and did you know that the original recipe was created by Le Cordon Bleu London to be served at the Queen's Coronation Luncheon in 1953. We also love it with roast cauliflower.
To celebrate the Jubilee here's our recipe for Coronation Cauliflower or Chicken.
- One cauliflower, cut or broken into florets or four chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 120 g mayonnaise/ vegan mayo
- 120 g crème fraîche/ greek yoghurt/ vegan coconut yoghurt
- 30 g mango chutney (purists use apricot jam)
- juice of 1 lime/ lemon
- small bunch coriander leaves
- salt & pepper
Heat the oven to 200 - toss the cauliflower florets/ chicken thighs in oil and roast for 30 minutes turning half way through.
Put mayo and Creme Fraiche/ yoghurt together in a bowl. Add curry powder, turmeric powder and mango chutney/ apricot jam and mix together.
Season with salt and pepper and add lime/ lemon juice. Stir sliced spring onions through.
Once cauliflower/ chicken cooked let it cool. If you're using chicken pull or chop it in to chunks. Stir it through dressing.
Pop on a platter and top with chopped coriander leaves. That's it.
- Katy Newton